Saturday 29 September 2012

35: Máma Bubo - Skončíš Jako Já (1985)

We continue exploring new countries, with different languages and original ways to write a song. Máma Bubo is a band from Czech Republic (Republic of Czechoslovakia by then), who has explored many eletronic styles. The present song is a minimalist piece of music. Some of you will hate it; some of you will instead love it. I personally find it amanzingly strange, dark and misterious. I feel uneasy with this possessive synth line, the disturbing trumpet noise, the hypnotic male voice, the odd language (what does he say, my God?)... and I definitely enjoy it!


R.O.C.

1 comment:

  1. It seems that a mad doctor from a B Movie has exchanged the brains of my friend R.O.C. and me: now he is discovering us more underground and experimental sounds, and that´s great. This track is really absorbing and fascinatingly strange. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete